Alternative Fortress 2008

Learning to think (let me repeat it to think) independently is painful.

For some the pain is so unbearable they prefer the others to take it for them. Be it media, church, prejudices, superstitions... all these offer an easier way than the one of taking pains, esteeming the situation and drawing objective, reasonable conclusions, or at least sobering up and realizing we're living in 21st and not 14th century.

I suppose I needn't convince anyone that Poland is the country of absurd, still every time in my naivety I believe the problems might be solved with the fair use of brains and not crosses, hatred, intolerance, ignorance, stupid indoctrination... and means the willingness to kill boredom brings out.

Well, on 12th July it didn't happen the way I'd been hoping. It seems all of us: the organizers, the bands and the participants of the fest provided hell of a fun to some pious Klodzko inhabitants. Poland - „bulwark of Christianity”!
I wish I could go and check how those Christian virtues are working now, when the Satan is out of town...

Never mind... it already happened and we can't do anything about it now. I'm just sorry - above all for the people who had come in vain (as we learned - they had travelled many kilometres), but also for the organizers fighting with the cut cables, most weird accusations and finally.. Acts of God? Was it God to cut down the electricity in both cases?

I don't even feel like writing what some of us felt when we learned the concerts had been cancelled and afterwards when the reasons were given ... grief, anger, disappointment, disbelief... and finally... shame? What can I say...for now one the only thing I may produce is a stupid, bitter laughter.


Alternative Fortress 2008, the event at which the following bands didn't play:

Diary of Dreams
Digital Factor
Daimonion
Deathcamp Project

Indeed: „Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't”.

Greetings from the Crypt My Dear Parishioners! Good job!

http://www.twierdza.electro-robot.com/
http://www.diaryofdreams.de/
http://www.deathcampproject.com/
http://www.daimonion.republika.pl/


All rights reserved! (c) 2005-2016 yesternigh

Popular Posts