Interview with Gosia Budig

 



I came across Gosia’s work while doing interviews with Die Krupps band members and have been a fan of her photography ever since. A lot into demanding, metal scene she is great at captivating energetic concert moments.

We talked about the first concerts, working on bands logos and favourite spots in Berlin.

https://www.facebook.com/gosia.budig

What first brought you to photography?

Gosia: My adventure with photography commenced in 2015. I was intrigued to see compelling photographs of concerts but noticed very few on the market. I took the matter into my own hands and began taking pictures myself. I love playing with different colours and showcasing my art form.

Do you have any photographers or artists you could call your mentors? Or the ones who inspire you in particular?

Gosia: Many bands inspire me in that their music gives me new ideas for picture.

Your major interest in photography is music. Do you still remember your first concert as a photographer?

Gosia: Yes, that is true. I am a concert photographer who enjoys taking pictures at live events. The main thing that I love about my profession is that it allows me to stay connected with bands and the public. I think that the first concert that I took pictures of was in October of 2015. Centhron was playing in Berlin. It was a breathtaking experience!

Tell me more about your favourite bands. Do you have any that you cooperate with on regular basis?

Gosia: There are too many bands for me to point them out individually. I am incredibly proud that I am the regular photographer of several bands, such as Die Krupps or Age of Arcadia.

You live in Berlin. Do you have any favourite places?

Gosia: Yes. Berlin is a multicultural city with so many things happening daily. I love the city and feel happy here. Two of my favourite places to spend my time at are Nuke Club and Blackland.

Is there a band you haven’t taken pictures of and would like to?

Gosia: There are a few bands. One of them is the Polish band Behemoth

What do like doing in your free time?

Gosia: I am using this time to pursue my other interests, explore Berlin’s cultural life during the pandemic, and, of course, continue taking pictures as much as possible. For example, I am designing logos for several bands. I even founded my band with a few friends in the music industry!

How did you spend pandemic concert-less period?

Gosia: I organised some COVID-regulation friendly photoshoots and pursued nature, as well as architecture photograph

What will be the first concert you’ll attend?

Gosia: Unfortunately, I do not know when I will take pictures of concerts again as regulations are ever-changing and gigs keep on being postponed

Thank you! J

Popular Posts