Prague Gothic Treffen 2022

 

Prague Gothic Treffen has always been one of my highlights when it comes to the festival landscape - a perfect closure of summer concerts. The atmosphere during the event is absolutely unique and liberating - great venues, amazing people, and impeccable line-ups - every time I learn something new and get the energy I need - both from the music and the people I meet there. The vibe brings people together, offers space for ideas exchange, and sets a good foundation for new friendships. Add to it very friendly organizers and staff at the clubs, and you’ll get the perfect recipe for a great event. Sanctuary.Cz team does a fantastic job, and I thank them for making an effort - with such an excellent result.

This being said, no wonder that year by year, at the end of August, I pack my bags and travel almost 300km to my most beloved and beautiful Prague to get my fuel and joy for the upcoming months. The 2022 edition witnessed yet another change in venues - this year, the entire festival took place in two clubs - Fuchs2 and Bike Jesus - located very nicely close to the city centre. The clubs are atmospheric and have great design, yet they seemed slightly small, especially when everyone wanted to see some bands. Add to it rather dim light and masses of smoke and you’ll get a maze that was sometimes difficult to handle. That’s the only disadvantage I may find about the whole thing - other than that it was very well organized, as mentioned before - the club staff was accommodating and friendly, and the timing of the events was fine.

The festival took place on Friday and Saturday; apart from the concerts the audience had a chance to participate in a Gothic Picnic where you could play with bats and meet the festival attendees in broad daylight.

LINK

Popular Posts